GREECE- Kick-off meeting
Meeting: project „Wonderful World of Words (WWofW)
Date: 09nd - 12th of October 2017
Location: Parapotamos, Igoumenitsa 46100, Greece
Host institution: Parapotamos Primary School
Chairperson: Grete Poldemaa
Secretary: Ona Kavoliukiene and Asta Sliburiene
Antoanela Kamenova, 51 Secondary School "Elisaveta Bagryana"
Deyana Hristova Milusheva, 51 Secondary School "Elisaveta Bagryana"
Papadoglou Xristos, Primary school Parapotamos
Gianis Dimakas, Primary school Parapotamos
Ioannis Stavrou, Primary school Parapotamos
Marina Besi, Primary school Parapotamos
Margit Düüna, Kuressaare Gymnasium’s education and training center Osilia
Grete Poldemaa, Kuressaare Gymnasium’s education and training center Osilia
Loredana D'ippolito, IIS Ragusa Kiyohara-Parlatore
Giuseppa Mazziotta, IIS Ragusa Kiyohara-Parlatore
Ona Kavoliukiene, „Rasa“ progymnasium
Asta Sliburiene, „Rasa“ progymnasium
Madaleina Cordeiro, Agrupamento de Escolas de Vialonga
Lina Figueira, Agrupamento de Escolas de Vialonga
Timuçin Sensu, Istanbul Ticaret Odasi Bilim ve Sanat Merkezi
Özgür Pasuncuklu, Istanbul Ticaret Odasi Bilim ve Sanat Merkezi
Monday, 9th of October 2017
Arrival of the participants.
Tuesday, 10th of October 2017
1. Acquaintance with the Primary school of Parapotamos.
The Project partners had an observing tour at the Parapotamos Primary School. They
visited the classrooms, teachers‘ and school director‘s rooms. The school representative
told that 45 students aged 5 to 11 study at school. The Project participants visited a
kindergarten group where they were welcomed by children who sang two songs. After
observing the school, Project partners came to the Conferrence hall for a Project work.
2. Presentation of project partners.
Seven partner organizations (51 Secondary School "Elisaveta Bagryana" (Bulgaria), Primary
school Parapotamou (Greece), Kuressaare Gymnasium’s education and training center Osilia
(Estonia), IIS Ragusa Kiyohara-Parlatore (Italy), „Rasa“ progymnasium (Lithuania),
Agrupamento de Escolas de Vialonga (Portugal), Ticaret Odasi Bilim ve Sanat Merkezi
(Turkey) presented their organizations:
? experience in Erasmus+ projects;
? inputs and expectations for the project.
3. Approval of the project work, management, dissemination plan.
Margit Düüna presented documents, necessary for the Project. She provided the examples
of a dissemination plan, daily timetable.
The partners of the Project decided to create a logo of a Project.
The Coordinator of the Project Grete Polemaa reminded the responsibilities of partners
throughout the Project.
• Project management (Estonia);
• project FB page and website: meeting minutes + gallery + introduction (Turkey and
• 5 newspapers with different focuses (Bulgaria);
• 4 storybooks „Walking books” (Estonia);
• 4 scripts for role-playing based on the stories in the „Walking books” + videos (all
• brochure about ICT games and other open educational products (Italy);
• booklet of methods teaching literacy (Portugal).
While discussing the project, the participants planned the work to be carried out urgently
before the scheduled date.
• Project meeting evaluation questionnaire (Estonia/18th October);
• meeting evaluation questionnaire for teachers (Greece/ 7th November);
• closed FB community – (Greece / ASAP);
• information about workshops for TC in Greece - all partners / 20th October;
• timetable of TC - Greece / 27th October;
• logo competition - all partners / 10th November;
• public FB page - Estonia / January 2018;
• website - Turkey / January 2018;
• meeting evaluation questionnaire for students - Lithuania / March 2018.
4. The goal of the Project is to improve students’ literacy skills, how to do it and measure
the result. Working in groups the participants wrote 2 suggestions for 4 groups.
Areas with potential impact:
Outcomes or impacts in areas and their indicator:
• Host a Book Festival (1 per project period);
• promote writing their own stories, their own diaries;
• AAA activity to trigger the intrest in reading, short questions about books, authors etc;
• during classes read loud, write reviews, compare the endings of stories;
• speed read competition;
• learn by playing stories, role-playing, drama;
• exchange books;
• creating scripts through photos;
• combine the activites with a Book Festival events
• Seminars and training courses on the subject (2 per year);
• e-learning video stories (1 per year);
• teachers use problem-based tasks to trigger creativity (1 per semester);
• newspaper for the teachers (2 per year);
• teachers meetings to share experiences, methods and good books they have read / 1
meeting after every teacher training in project period;
• integrate ICT tools in lessons, e.g. to create comics, etc.
• Hosting authors (2 per year);
• visit theatres, libraries, attend book presentations, increase the number (rate initial
value and target value);
• improve the use of different tools, e.g. tablets for libaries, etc., increase the budget per
year for libaries;
• a room or place painted and decorated by teachers and students, books from their
homes, etc. (1 room per school);
• host open events for community (5 per year);
• buy new books for the library (10 per month);
• different places around schoolhouse and -yard suitable for reading and writing,
increase the number of places (rate initial value and target value).
• Family and teacher cooperation, encourage parents to read more for their children;
• use school FB page to suggest good books (1 per month);
• celebrate the Book Festival or a Reading Week that is open for the community (1 per
• promote extra curricula activites like reading for the blind people;
• combine reading and writing with other activities, e.g. painting, theatrical plays, artscraft.